Movement from one place to another is mainly facilitated by the availability of transport in the area and with different options in different cities I will make it general as I share the pros and cons of every transport means there is and these will range from affordability to comfort.
These are the most common means of transport in cities and outside cities that pose a direct completion with taxis. These are some of the points to note about buses.
- Cheapest option in the list
- Convenient for long trips due to their low charges
- Perfect for group travels
- Slow speeds on highways
- Uncomfortable in most cases with less room to rest
- Luggage losing during rush hours.
- Longer travel hours due to multiple stops in its route.
- Only stop in designated areas. Good luck If your final destination is far from the stop.
For a great number of years’ trains have existed helping to connect cities fetching both people and goods. These have also evolved to city convenient options like the tram and metro.
- Cheap and affordable
- Not affected by traffic
- Always on time hence no delays
- Covers longer journeys in a short span of time
- Offers options of different classes which caters for all people
- Only works for those who keep time
- Mainly meant for long trips
- Missing a stop is very costly as it covers a long distance before reaching the next stop to change trains from.
For areas surrounded by water there is always the option of riding a boat but what are some of the things you have to be concerned about.
- Not affected by traffic
- Zero stops along the trip
- Comfortable and spacious
- Only caters for masses who are comfortable with swimming
- Greatly affected by weather which brings about delays
- Can be slow most times.
- Not always reliable as it is limited to water covered areas.
Public in some countries and private in others, this is the quickest way of getting around town and below are some of the points you have to put into consideration.
- Convenient in almost all aspects.
- Privacy is ensured since you ride alone.
- Fast option around the city on a less compared to the bus and trains
- No unnecessary stops, it moves from the pickup point straight to drop off.
- Always available.
- Great number of drop off options
- Costly for long trips
- Poor driving exhibited by a lot of drivers makes it risky.
- Not suitable for group trips as it only takes a few heads.
- Affected by traffic greatly which causes delays
Flights are an easy way to cover long distances in a short span of time made possible by planes for long distances and helicopters for short distances, before you decide on whether it is your best choice, here are some of the points you have to be concerned about
- Comfortable with enough room for yourself and luggage.
- Fastest in the list.
- Expensive no matter the trip
- Greatly affected by weather
- Only stops at designated areas
- Causes health related issues like jet lag for longer flights
Grabbing yourself a car from a dealership is one of the easiest but yet trickiest thing and below are the pros and cons of car hires.
- Convenient with setting own routes of traveling and driving at own pace.
- Negotiable with no standard prices you can choose a low price dealer.
- Gets costly when the car gets damaged.
- Challenges of repairing every time the car breaks down
- Parking charges directly come from you
I guess your choice in deciding the next means of moving around will be easily made with this list, presenting you with the cons and pros of every choice that can be made. A few cities have put up different options to stimulate the already existing options like scooters from private companies for easy moving around a short distance and they come at a cheap price.